Healthcare and the Need for Continuous Communication, Training and Learning, and Certification
In the past 5 years in the U.S., faulty communication has factored into 1,744 patient deaths and at least $1.7 billion in malpractice costs, per Regis College. These statistics are reminders of why effective communication in the healthcare sector is crucial.
- The McKinsey Global Institute. The social economy: unlocking value and productivity through social technologies. https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/high-tech/our-insights/the-social-economy.
- UNC. Creating a collaborative organizational culture. https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/~/media/files/documents/executive-development/unc-white-paper-creating-a-collaborative-organizational-culture.pdf.
- Willis Towers Watson. Workplace stress leads to less productive employees. https://www.towerswatson.com/en/Press/2014/09/Workplace-stress-leads-to-less-productive-employees.
- Bersin, Josh. A new paradigm for corporate training: learning in the flow of work. https://joshbersin.com/2018/06/a-new-paradigm-for-corporate-training-learning-in-the-flow-of-work/.
- Staples. The state of the workplace in 2016. https://www.staples.com/content-hub/company-culture/work-life-balance/the-state-of-the-workplace-in-2016.